[P2P-F] Fw: Why We Need Robin: 71% of people think banks not paying fair share

robert searle dharao4 at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Jun 8 13:06:19 CEST 2012

----- Forwarded Message -----
From: Robin Hood Tax Campaign <donotreply at robinhoodtax.org.uk>
To: dharao4 at yahoo.co.uk
Sent: Friday, 8 June 2012, 11:33
Subject: Why We Need Robin: 71% of people think banks not paying fair share

Dear Supporter,

Want to know what momentum looks like? Then take a look at how much has happened with the Robin Hood Tax lately – and register today for our campaign training sessions in London and Manchester.

	* Support from the UK public is at an all-time high. More than 70% of people think the banks aren't paying their fair share and that the Coalition isn’t doing enough to prove ‘We’re all in this together’. And more than two-thirds of people think the financial sector’s funding of the Tories affects Government policy. A Robin Hood Tax would ensure the banks contribute billions for a fairer world.
	* More than 4,000 of you have contacted your MPs in the past two months. That’s just incredible – and means this brilliant idea is becoming impossible to ignore.
	* Thousands of nurses in the US recently marched in support of a Robin Hood Tax. These heroic healthcare workers used the build-up to the Chicago G8 Summit to call for a Robin Hood Tax to ‘heal America’.
	* Experts from the UN called on European leaders to introduce a Robin Hood Tax – and the Scottish and Welsh First Ministers are on board too. All because of pressure from people like you.
	* The campaign is now active in more than 30 countries. You’re fighting for justice from Mexico to Malawi, and a new US campaign is launching soon too.
	* A new report suggests a Robin Hood Tax could boost growth in Europe. So that’s another of our critics’ complaints discredited, then.
	* And we’ve been making ourselves heard at the RBS and Barclays AGMs. Our message? Time for the banks to pay their fair share.Things are hotting up, and June is going to be busy. World leaders are getting together in Europe, Mexico and Brazil to discuss the tax. We’ll be making your voices heard at all three meetings.

In the meantime, register today to join our campaign training sessions in London and Manchester.

You really can help us turn this brilliant idea into a brilliant reality,

The Robin Hood Tax team.

PS. We’d love to know whether the campaign is working for you. Please fill in this short survey and let us know how we’re doing.

Copyright © 2010 The Robin Hood Tax

Click here to unsubscribe from Robin Hood Tax updates