[P2P-F] Fw: PCI Messenger - Busy Building

robert searle dharao4 at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Jun 1 10:43:22 CEST 2012

----- Forwarded Message -----
From: Post Carbon Institute <newsletter at postcarbon.org>
To: dharao4 at yahoo.co.uk
Sent: Thursday, 31 May 2012, 18:38
Subject: PCI Messenger - Busy Building

  Donate to Post Carbon  Read longer version newsletter online

________________________________

________________________________

           contents

   1. latest publications
   2. fellows in the press
   3. energy bulletin picks
   4. transition us update
   5. events
Summer may be upon us but — at least for the team at PCI — things are only going to get busier over the next few months. (Picture busy beavers building dams made from heavily marked-up EIA & IEA reports.) Here's a quick run-down of some of the projects that are currently in our pipeline (pardon the pun):In July, our new Resilience website will beta launch. This site will build upon the depth of daily information and insight found at energybulletin.net to provide visitors with concrete resources and connections to local groups that are doing the hard work of building food, energy, and economic resilience. In the coming weeks we'll reach out to ask YOU for the groups and projects that most inspire you.In August, our second Community Resilience Guide —Power from the People — will be published. Written by Greg Pahl, with a foreword by Van Jones, Power from the People explores how homeowners, co-ops, nonprofit institutions, governments, and businesses
 are putting power in the hands of local communities through distributed energy programs and energy-efficiency measures. In September, we'll publish "Drill, Baby, Drill?" — another landmark report by PCI Fellow David Hughes — that will take a critical look at all unconventional oil and gas resources, and the claims that the US is embarking on a new golden age of domestic energy security. The report will be accompanied by an animated video that pokes holes (and fun) at the fossil fuel industry's claims about the abundance and benefits of this extreme energy. Senior Fellow Richard Heinberg and team are currently working on a script idea that will remind Simpsons fans of Troy McClure.In October, we'll launch our Energy Reality Campaign — a multi-prong initiative to increase energy literacy among environmental activists and the general public, and promote energy conservation as a primary strategy to respond to what Michael Klare calls "the Age of
 Extreme Energy". The centerpiece of the campaign will be a stunning photo & essay book PCI is publishing in partnership with the Foundation for Deep Ecology. The campaign will include a great many creative surprises and ways for you to get involved. So stay tuned.Each of these projects is a labor of love, passion, and urgency. They also rely heavily on our great partners and supporters — including every one of you who sends us financial support, offers constructive criticism and positive feedback, takes action in your own community, and helps spread the word.In solidarity, Asher MillerExecutive Director
READ A LONGER VERSION OF THIS NEWSLETTER ONLINE

latest publications
Read, watch or listen to the latest content by our Fellows, Board, Advisers and Staff anytime on our website. Here are some selections from the last month:
 Debbie Cook Debunks Energy Shill
Interview with Debbie Cook • May 30, 2012
PCI Board President and energy consultant Debbie Cook takes on energy company executive Buck Johns... Watch

 The Endangered Waters Beneath Our Feet