[P2P-F] Fw: Can we fix banking?

robert searle dharao4 at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Jul 7 16:14:12 CEST 2012

----- Forwarded Message -----
From: David Talbot - 38 Degrees <action at 38degrees.org.uk>
To: dharao4 at yahoo.co.uk
Sent: Saturday, 7 July 2012, 12:09
Subject: Can we fix banking?

Our biggest chance to tackle Britain’s broken banks? Take the quick survey now.

Dear friend,

Britain’s bankers have been living in another world. For years, they’ve gambled with our economy. They’ve taken home staggering bonuses to fund lavish lifestyles, far removed from everyday reality. And they’ve congratulated themselves on their own cleverness.

It can’t go on like this. Year after year, the banks keep on treating the rest of us like we don’t count. Now, finally, Bob Diamond and Barclays have crossed a line - and David Cameron is under huge pressureto fix the banks. [1]

This latest scandal could be our best chance in a long time to get real change. But what do we want to be different, and how can we make our campaign as powerful as possible?

Now’s the time to get together and find the best ideas from 38 Degrees members.Can you help decide what we should do together next to take on the bankers?

Take the quick survey now:
http://www.38degrees.org.uk/page/m/74c05402/2d40752f/5c0ba2b0/467077f4/2515468267/VEsE/

Lots of us are feeling angry and upset about the way that Britain’s bankers have taken us all for a ride. But this week, they’ve had a wake-up call. Bob Diamond and Barclays bankers went too far - andthere will be a parliamentary inquiry to try and get to the truth. [2]

It’s not clear yet exactly how the inquiry will work. But one thing is certain - millions of people in this country are sick and tired of bankers’ huge bonuses and their culture of irresponsibility.

38 Degrees members are already coming up with ideas for what we should do next. Should we all move our bank accounts away from the most irresponsible banks? Should we push for jail sentences for bankers who are found to have committed fraud?

Help decide what to do next:
http://www.38degrees.org.uk/page/m/74c05402/2d40752f/5c0ba2b0/467077f4/2515468267/VEsF/

If we put our heads together now, we can come up with some great ideas about how people power can start to take on the banks. It’s true they’re powerful, and it might seem like a tough task.

But when a million of us chip in our ideas, imagination, passion, time, and a few quid here and there, there’s nothing we can’t try together. And we’ve shown we can win big before - just ask Rupert Murdoch. [3]

http://www.38degrees.org.uk/page/m/74c05402/2d40752f/5c0ba2b0/467077f4/2515468267/VEsC/

Thanks for being involved,

David T, Marie, Hannah, James and the 38 Degrees team

PS: Let’s work together on this. What do you think? http://www.38degrees.org.uk/page/m/74c05402/2d40752f/5c0ba2b0/467077f4/2515468267/VEsD/

NOTES
[1] Independent: David Cameron slams 'spivvy and probably illegal' interest rate rigging ahead of Bob Diamond evidence session http://www.38degrees.org.uk/page/m/74c05402/2d40752f/5c0ba2b0/467077f5/2515468267/VEsA/
[2] BBC: Osborne - Balls not personally involved in Libor scandal http://www.38degrees.org.uk/page/m/74c05402/2d40752f/5c0ba2b0/467077f6/2515468267/VEsB/
[3] 38 Degrees blog: Victory - Murdoch withdraws bSkyb bid http://www.38degrees.org.uk/page/m/74c05402/2d40752f/5c0ba2b0/467077f7/2515468267/VEsO/

38 DEGREES Registered Company No. 6642193