[P2P-F] RSA - The Third Industrial Revolution

Amjad isstaif at gmail.com
Tue Jan 3 15:36:57 CET 2012

http://www.thersa.org/events/audio-and-past-events/2011/the-third-industrial-revolution

Acclaimed author, political adviser and ‘social and ethical prophet’ *Jeremy
Rifkin* visits the RSA to explore how internet technology and renewable
energy are merging to create a powerful ‘Third Industrial Revolution.’

He asks us to imagine hundreds of millions of people producing their own
green energy in their homes, offices, and factories, and sharing it with
each other in an ‘energy internet,’ just like we now create and
share information online.

In just a few years, millions of buildings and even cities will become
energy self-sufficient, signalling the end of our reliance on fossil fuels.
This transformation is already underway in Europe, where Rifkin serves as
EU advisor on a project that will revolutionize the continent's energy
supply.

Join Jeremy Rifkin as he describes how the five-pillars of the Third
Industrial Revolution will create thousands of businesses and millions of
jobs, and usher in a fundamental reordering of human relationships, from
hierarchical to lateral power, that will impact the way we conduct
business, govern society, educate our children, and engage in civic life.