[P2P-F] Fw: Make Apple ditch dirty coal

robert searle dharao4 at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Apr 26 12:54:41 CEST 2012

----- Forwarded Message -----
From: "Pete Speller, Greenpeace" <mail at mail.greenpeace.org.uk>
To: dharao4 at yahoo.co.uk
Sent: Wednesday, 25 April 2012, 18:27
Subject: Make Apple ditch dirty coal

Apple relies on coal. Make the technology giant clean up its act

Hi there,
Today, Greenpeace volunteers went to Apple's flagship store in London to expose the truth about how much coal goes into powering 'the cloud' - the giant data centres which store and send all the pictures, emails, songs and streaming videos we enjoy every day.
Apple's iCloud is one of these services partially powered by coal. As a leading technology company, Apple could lead the way by powering the data centres that host its iCloud with clean, renewable energy.
Tell Apple to switch off coal and clean our cloud - email CEO Tim Cook now
Last year, you helped persuade Facebook to move towards clean energy which was an amazing success - thank you! Other companies like Google and Yahoo are also industry leaders with data centres powered by renewable energy. Now it's time for Apple to join them by switching off coal.
Apple knows the future is in renewable energy - its HQ in Ireland runs on 100% renewable energy and it has made an encouraging announcement about one of its US data centres. But the bulk of its iCloud data centres are trailing behind and are still reliant on a Victorian power source, coal.
Tell Apple CEO Tim Cook to switch off coal and power the cloud with clean renewable energy
After all, as visionary Apple founder Steve Jobs famously said, "...the ones who are crazy enough to think that they can change the world, are the ones who do." Today, it's time for Apple to live up to that spirit.
And it's up to us to lead the way.
Pete Speller
Greenpeace UK
Forward this email to a friend >>
Share on:     Facebook    Twitter
More Greenpeace goodness on the web
We're also on Facebook, twitter, YouTube and Flickr - come be our friend! You can also find other Greenpeace supporters in your area and help with our campaigns in our Get Active section.

Why have I received this email?
Either because you have signed up for the Greenpeace e-bulletin or a friend has forwarded this onto you.

How do I unsubscribe?
To no longer receive these messages, please click here.

How do I donate?
To help us keep fighting climate change, defending our oceans and protecting ancient forests, you can make a regular donation by direct debit or a single payment by credit card. Thank you!

Where do I send feedback?
For feedback on the e-bulletin or the website, please email webteam.uk at greenpeace.org. If you have any questions about membership, email info.uk at greenpeace.org, quoting your supporter reference number 1790150H.

Greenpeace Ltd, Canonbury Villas, London N1 2PN (registered in London no 1314381, VAT registration no 625951426)