[P2P-F] Fw: Why 'Putinomics' is the biggest threat to Russia's environmental movement

robert searle dharao4 at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Apr 19 13:35:36 CEST 2012

----- Forwarded Message -----
From: The Ecologist <newsletter at theecologist.org>
To: dharao4 at yahoo.co.uk
Sent: Thursday, 19 April 2012, 11:57
Subject: Why 'Putinomics' is the biggest threat to Russia's environmental movement

To ensure delivery of these emails to your inbox, please add newsletter at theecologist.org to your email address book.

This email was sent to dharao4 at yahoo.co.uk by newsletter at theecologist.org.

Click here to view it in your browser    |   Click here to unsubscribe

  19th April, 2012

________________________________

NEWS | GREEN LIVING | INVESTIGATIONS | MAKING A DIFFERENCE | COMMENTS

  Evgenia Chirikova: 'Putinomics' the biggest threat to Russia's environmental movement
'We all live in Khimki Forest' has become the rallying cry of a local forest defense campaign. Goldman Prize winner Evgenia Chirikova describes what it's like to be green in Russia the why a culture of impunity and corruption risks destroying the country's natural heritage
read more...

________________________________

  BP, Dow and Rio Tinto targeted by Olympic ‘greenwash’ award
Row over ‘unethical’ London 2012 sponsorship continues as campaigners target BP, Rio Tinto and Dow Chemicals
read more...

________________________________

  Top 10... organic seed suppliers
As the weather heats up, gardeners’ thoughts are turning towards seeds. We round up the top spots to pick up organic, ethically produced seeds
read more...

________________________________

  Six reasons to become an urban beekeeper
Urban beekeeping will help boost the UK's declining bee population. Here are six reasons to get involved
read more...

________________________________

  Monty Halls: ‘I will defend fishermen to my dying day’
A marine biologist by trade and a conservationist by nature, Monty Halls is an unlikely champion for the fishing industry. A classic case of gamekeeper turned poacher? Not so says Halls. As he explains to Ruth Styles, nothing is simple when it comes to sustainable fish
read more...

________________________________

  EIA: 'Anti-corruption activists need help bringing iIlegal loggers to justice'
The Environmental Investigation Agency's forestry campaigner Faith Doherty welcomes a new report by the World Bank calling for stronger action to stop forestry corruption, but says more support is needed to help activists follow the money trail
read more...

________________________________

  Pharmaceutical industry 'rejoices' at demise of pioneering EPD allergy treatment
Enzyme Potentiated Desensitisation is a groundbreaking treatment for allergy sufferers. But the recent closure of a firm championing EPD leaves its future in doubt. Drug companies and mainstream doctors are unlikely to be mourning, says Charlotte Davis

read more...

________________________________

  Natural make-up: why it’s giving MAC a run for its money
Matilda Lee meets the Estée Lauder of natural make-up, Terre d’Oc’s Valerie Roubaud, to find out why natural cosmetics are ready to take on the conventional kind
read more...

________________________________

  Competition: Win one of three Small is Bountiful books by Liz Dobbs
THe Hobby Warehouse is offering Ecologist readers the chance to win one of three copies of Liz Dobb's new book; Small is Bountiful, worth £14.99 each. It's a great guide on how to grow your own vegetables and fruit in small containers
read more...

________________________________

  The Ecologist meets… Korres co-founder, Lena Korres
Greece might be in dire financial straights but for the country’s best-known natural beauty brand, things have never been better. Ruth Styles caught up with Lena Korres to find out why
read more...

________________________________

> The Ecologist meets…Method co-founder Adam Lowry
 Can detergent make the green movement sexy? According to Method co-founder Adam Lowry; cleaning products are just the start. Bethany Hubbard caught up with him to find out more
read more...
> CAMPAIGN HERO: Martín von Hildebrand on indigenous rights in the Colombian Amazon
 The veteran campaigner talks to the Ecologist about the ongoing struggle to secure indigenous land rights and how he successfully took the Colombian government to court
read more...
> Will London 2012 sponsors BP, Dow, EDF and Rio Tinto tarnish the Olympic brand?
 In a values tug of war, many are asking whether London 2012 corporate sponsors like BP, Dow and EDF live up to the Olympic spirit?
read more...
> Competition: Win one of five Bodhi Enlightened Travellers
> Competition: Win a pack of Fairtrade tea and coffee goodies from Ecotricity

________________________________

follow us on twitter  follow us on facebook  follow us on youtube      --- advertisements ---

Schumacher College launches flexible postgrad options for those who want to be at the cutting edge of science, practice and action for a sustainable world, without giving up their day-job.

Visit Schumacher College today!

London's leading free festival returns to Regents Park this year on the 9th and 10th June, celebrating its 20th birthday with some great new additions to its ever-popular format.

This year sees an extra music stage added,  a couple of rare performances from an 80-piece dutch symphonic orchestra in a natural amphitheatre, and the BikeFest goes Electric (thats solar-powered electric of course) with loads of electric bikes to try.

Plus the usual mix of campaign stalls, green exhibitions, children's entertainment, food and drink and fun. FREE.

The generation of conventional, or brown, electricity is responsible for over 30% of our carbon dioxide emissions here in the UK.

The biggest thing we can do to slow climate change is to make energy in a different way.

Switch to Ecotricity today and receive a 2 year subscription to the Ecologist worth £50!

ECOLOGIST GREEN DIRECTORY

ANYVAN

25% of all vehicles travel totally empty.  Why is so much air transported at the cost of the transport companies?

Bodhi

Inspired by the benefits of plant ingredients and proven traditional remedies from global cultures, our products are designed to awaken your mind, indulge your senses and enlighten your skincare ritual.

Green Books

The UK's largest independent environmental publishing company, producing books on a wide range of ecological and cultural issues, from eco-building and organic gardening to philosophy and green economics.

Chery Lin

Essential oils feature strongly in all the products because they treat the  body and senses naturally and in complementary balance and harmony

Subscribe to the Ecologist's premium content for £17 and get a free eco book worth up to £17.50.

A subscription to the Ecologist gets you access to our exclusive weekly investigations, full access to our 40-year archive, a printable, monthly newsletter delivered straight to your inbox, and details of subscriber-only special offers on genuinely useful green products.

On top of all that, you'll be helping us continue to provide information on the issues that really matter.

Click here to find out more

The Ecologist Newsletter is published by Ecosystems Ltd, trading as the Ecologist
Company registered in England # 970404
Unit 102, Lana House Studios, 116-118 Commercial St., London E1 6NF
contact: ecosystems at theecologist.org

 unsubscribe   subscribe   forward   update profile