[P2P-F] Nondominium

ideasinc at ee.net ideasinc at ee.net
Sat Sep 24 16:25:29 CEST 2011

Michel,
	a lot of it is stray bits of information. Herodotus's Histories narrative
of the Greek Persian war is an important part. Stray bits like Miletus of
Asia Minor was apparently the transplanting of a city, also named Miletus,
which was on the island of Crete, after the Theran Volcanic explosion that
was essentially relocated to Asia Minor area. Why? the answer is the
terminus of the Silk Road. Why the extraordinary fleets at Samos, Lesbos,
and Miletus? The same answer. The democratization of economics in the
invention of token based currencies, over the oligarchic gift economy is
also a downstream consequence.

The recent publication of The Dhow Cultures of the Indian Ocean by Abdul
Sheriff provides another link to the early (BCE) development of trade
routes by the Persian empire, by the Egyptians to the Red Sea, Herodotus's
narrative of Phoenician trading routes from Gibraltar the around the
majority of Africa and back up to the Red Sea...

Part of it is in a book by Peter Kingsley entitled "Reality" which traces
the cosmology and metaphysics of the Phoceans to Parmenides, Heraclitus,
Zeno, Empedocles, and onto Solon and others, which maps well onto the
various ports of trade and manufacturing. Some it is just common sense to
the extent that ideas, philosophies, spiritualities, and more were also
shared. Here Thomas McEvilley's "The Shape of Ancient Thought" also
contributes in the close parallels between Parmenides et al lineage of
"Greater Greece" to the Rig Veda and the Upanishads shows up to
demonstrate the close connections between the nominal East and West

Another source is Henrik Spruyt's The Sovereign State and its Competitors
(1994) which covers the Hanseatic League fairly well.

A related line of research has been trying to establish the cultural
origin of the Tarot/QBL, and no, I do not believe that the Hebrews were
the originators of the QBL. More likely they represent a substantial
contribution to the conservation of the core ideas. The QBL projected as a
cube of space is more likely the product of sea faring culture or a
culture which had a highly developed astronomical science. The use of
icons as applied by the major trumps is characteristic of a pre-phonetic
alphabet context, ie hieroglyphs or cuneiform script. The connections
between between Mesopotamia and Egypt was not accomplished by carrier
pigeons, but more likely by trade and the traveling of scholars, healers,
scribes, and rhapsodes (professional reciters of epic poetry.)

No, I do not yet have a specific bibliography. Until this point, me
imposing upon the patience of my friends and acquaintances, has been my
primary outlet. Archeo-economics doesn't have much of a natural audience
in these times.

Tadit