[P2P-F] Fwd: Gerald Celente - Society Is Breaking Down

hellekin hellekin at cepheide.org
Mon Sep 19 00:52:33 CEST 2011

Excerpts from Michel Bauwens's message of Sun Sep 18 16:57:04 +0000 2011:

*** From the video:

"We believe there's a solution by the way.
We say direct democracy: let the people vote.
If we can bank online, we can vote online."

Warning: that is a very simplistic way of characterizing direct democracy.  The previous experience in electronic voting has shown how
easy it is to falsify the results when the system is not secure.  As you may know, security is a trade-off between the value of what
one wants to protect, and the perceived value another is ready to invest to breach that security.  Moreover, voting is only a single
piece of the process, and probably the least of it: when consensus is reached, voting becomes a formality.  Direct democracy is more
about reaching that consensus.

To quote David D. Clarke:

  We reject: kings, presidents and voting.
  We believe in: rough consensus and running code.

==
hk