[P2P-F] GPLv3 not enough to protect communication rights

M. Fioretti mfioretti at nexaima.net
Thu Sep 1 17:48:38 CEST 2011

On Thu, Sep 01, 2011 11:32:56 AM -0400, Samuel Rose wrote:

> My first reaction is that I would add that in addition to a lack of
> supply of tools as you mention, Marco, there is also a lack of
> literacy amongst the majority of people about:

Agreed 100%. Actually, contributing to fix this other problem (which
is probably even bigger...) is what I try to do outside TFF, via
articles, courses (see my signature) and similar initiatives.

UVT aims "only" to provide a large scale technical infrastructure that is the
best possible compromise between:

great simplicity of use

100% compliance with laws (which, apart from principles, is necessary
in practice if you want to get funding to develop it, to build
something that is really usable by the masses and is officially usable
also by corporations and such)

For the record, the uselessness of GPL3 and AGPL in the sense
explained in that post is one of the reasons why I liked this project
when I was asked to do some work for TFF as a part time consultant.

Marco
--
Digital Citizenship online course:
http://mfioretti.com/node/129