[P2P-F] GPLv3 not enough to protect communication rights

Samuel Rose samuel.rose at gmail.com
Thu Sep 1 17:32:56 CEST 2011

On Thu, Sep 1, 2011 at 11:18 AM, M. Fioretti <mfioretti at nexaima.net> wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> here is some background on another project I'm working on. A
> community-managed, completely open secure communication
> infrastructure for the masses:
>
> http://www.telematicsfreedom.org/en/2011/09/01/gplv3-great-promote-open-innovation-not-enough-protect-our-constitutional-communication-r
>
> feedback is welcome, of course!

My first reaction is that I would add that in addition to a lack of
supply of tools as you mention, Marco, there is also a lack of
literacy amongst the majority of people about:

* their rights and freedoms and how they resolve with information technologies
* abilities to detect misleading and false information/critical thinking skills
* knowledge about co-managing commons, and effective collaboration and
cooperation over time (and online)

>                     Marco
>
> --
> Digital Citizenship online course: