[P2P-F] occupymarines and occupypolice ..

Kevin Carson free.market.anticapitalist at gmail.com
Sun Oct 30 21:33:12 CET 2011

On Sun, Oct 30, 2011 at 2:22 PM, Natalie Golovin <10natalie at cox.net> wrote:
> There’s a group called Oath Keepers that vow to protect civilians from
> police power. Some may regard it as an extreme right wing group preparing to
> protect US from Leftist tyranny. It will be interesting to see if they will
> become involved. Small contingents have been present at our local Occupy
> group. I’m idealistic enough to see them as they have defined themselves-not
> as they’ve been portrayed. Time, and how police power is used, will provide
> clues-if not an answer on the OK’s

They've been presented in very scary terms by the usual
managerial-liberal suspects:  Morris Dees, Mark Potok, Sarah Robinson,
etc.  Some SPLC mook on the Olbermann show some time back (obviously)
was warning of the sheer extremism of LA officers promising not to
enforce martial law declarations:  oooh -- cops refusing to follow
orders!  The horror!

These were the same people who were warning a few years earlier about
the totalitarian potential for USA PATRIOT and who would have -- I'd
bet my left nut on it -- praised any cops or soldiers who promised to
resort to civil disobedience under a Bush martial law regime.

There are some principled people like Paul, Wellstone, Kucinich, etc.,
who take the same position regardless of which party's in power.  But
not many.

--
Kevin Carson
Research Associate, Center for a Stateless Society http://c4ss.org