[P2P-F] Feral Honey & Bee

Bryan Hugill bryan.hugill at gmail.com
Sun Oct 23 12:57:15 CEST 2011

Dear Kevin,

Tragically, feral swarms are just as prone (at a species level) to CCD as
domesticated swarms, although they have the benefit of flying to cleaner
feeding grounds than their trucked-in cousins that move from farm to farm to
orchard to cropland that have been doused in neonicitinoid-based pesticides,
consist of GM crops, monocultures, and the occassionally poorly managed hive
drugged up on miticides, antibiotics and sugar syrup.

In short, if we want bees (including solitary bees, bumblebees, mason bees,
etc.) to survive and continue providing us with pollination services, honey,
wax, etc., then our entire way of farming and producing food has to change
(including the greedy money-obsessed system that sits behind it). There is
simply no other viable option...unless you (as in, everyone) think you could
enjoy pollinating millions of hectares of crops by hand; it's already
happening in China and I don't think they're enjoying it much.

All the best,
Bryan
_________________
Bryan Hugill
Co-founder and Environmental Manager
RAITONG ORGANICS FARM
Tel: +66 (0)85 915 0961
E-mail: info at raitongorganics.com
Skype: bryan_hugill
www.raitongorganics.com
www.khaosrikram.com
www.facebook.com/group.php?v=wall&gid=140808370801

LET'S GO ORGANIC FOR A HEALTHY ENVIRONMENT AND GOOD HEALTH!

On 18 October 2011 12:35, Kevin Carson <free.market.anticapitalist at gmail.com