[P2P-F] Feral Honey & Bee

Kevin Carson free.market.anticapitalist at gmail.com
Tue Oct 18 07:35:06 CEST 2011

> On Fri, Sep 16, 2011 at 9:49 PM, Bryan Hugill <bryan.hugill at gmail.com>
> wrote:

>> http://feralhoney.com/

It's a great reason for hope that wild honeybees are more resistant
against colony collapse disorders.  Are these simply European
honeybees that went feral?

Africanized bees are also more resilient, I think.

Maybe CCD won't be the total catastrophe it seems like, then.

I saw a bee for the fiirst time this year on my place today, buzzing
around my okra blossoms.  I notice bumblebees are all over anything
with purple flowers at the botanical gardens.  It's funny to watch one
of those little bastards trying to take off with pollen packed onto
every spare patch of all six legs -- it's like a helicopter with too
many people on it.

--
Kevin Carson
Research Associate, Center for a Stateless Society http://c4ss.org