[P2P-F] Fwd: New bibo currency site

Marc Gauvin marc at icseg.org
Tue Oct 18 10:03:36 CEST 2011

No doubt that many mutual credit systems are made up of BIBO currency tranaactions.

Our proposal formslises BIBO Currency into an explicit standard taking several  normative aspects into considerstion.  Also, rather more than being a rstionale for alternative currencies, it is a specification that responds to the "Formal
Stability
Analysis
of
Common Lending
Practices
and
Consequences
of
Chronic
 Currency
Devaluation" satisfying the requirements (see corollaries at: http://bibocurrency.org/English/standard.htm) for a stable currency.

The utility is that otherwise independent implementations can interoperate without loss of autonomy at the locsl level and with no meta governance.

Finally, the purpose is also to demystify money in general and show how to prove that stability in money is trivial.  The grand fallacy is that money is complicated because the economy and human nature are complicated, which is paramount to saying that units of measure as instruments, need to reflect the complexity of what they measure, which is absurd. Once demystified, stability and money understood, then it becomes obvious that with the correct technical specification, providing liquidity to all for any tranasaction and at any time in a stsble and trustworthy manner is not only doable it is trivisl.  See:  http://bibocurrency.org/English/stable%20money.htm ).

What the world needs is a source of unlimited stable liquidity to support any commerce at and between any level without bias to any agent.  This means money is no longer a source of systematic instability.  Denying such is a crime against humanity.

Best,

Marc