[P2P-F] Contributing to p2p

Karl Robillard krobillard at san.rr.com
Sun Oct 16 01:11:09 CEST 2011

sindikat,

Some searching brings up plug computers for under $200.  You could probably
run one of those from home and use dynamic DNS for your own personal data
needs.

I'm not sure what you would really accomplish by renting a VM which would go
away just as soon as your cash runs out.  Maybe the large-scale distributed
database projects need tons of bandwidth and storage (in which case save
yourself the hastle and just donate money), but most peer production does not.
The typical open-source developer gets thier internet infrastructure provided
for free.

I suggest you pick a few specific projects that interest you and spend some
time talking to people involved in them to help guide your decision.

-Karl