[P2P-F] Fw: Last seats at the Conference & News - Update 14th Oct

robert searle dharao4 at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Oct 14 15:52:12 CEST 2011

----- Forwarded Message -----
From: Positive Money <info at positivemoney.org.uk>
To: Robert <dharao4 at yahoo.co.uk>
Sent: Friday, 14 October 2011, 14:04
Subject: Last seats at the Conference & News - Update 14th Oct

Dear Robert,
It’s really exciting time now, people around the globe seem to start waking up and we can feel an increased interest about the “money issue” since the “Occupy Wall Street” movement started.  It seems that time for money reform is getting closer…

In this newsletter:
1)      Conference 29th Oct – last seats
2)      New book – Guide to Money
3)      Positive Money New Zealand
4)      HELP wanted – animator for the movie “97% owned”
5)      Upcoming Meetups & Events
6)      Latest from the Blog
-----

1)      Conference "It's Our Money!" 29th Oct, LondonThere are last 20 seats available for booking. Don't get left behind - discover what the future of banking will look like, the reforms ahead and how you can make a difference. It may be the most important event you will attend this year. You’ll find out how your future relates to the future of banking, and more importantly what you can do about it.
Book your seat here (we decided to leave the price at £20 for everyone)

2)      Guide to Money “Where does money come from?”This brand new book is the most comprehensive and authoritative guide to how money is created ever published. It reveals that most of the textbooks are very much out of date. The basic analysis of this book is neither radical nor new. In fact, central banks around the world support the same description of where new money comes from. And yet many naturally resist the notion that private banks can really create money by simply making an entry in a ledger. This book aims to firmly establish a common understanding that commercial banks create new money. Foreword by Prof Charles Goodhart, one of the leading authorities in banking.
You can order the book here

3)      Positive Money New ZealandPositive Money will be launched next week on the opposite site of the globe – it’s based on Positive Money in UK and customised to the New Zealand situation. If you know people in New Zealand in the Wellington region you may want to send them the link to invitations to the launch of the campaign, which will be on 17th Oct: http://www.positivemoney.org.nz/includes/download.aspx?ID=117919

4)      HELP wanted – animator for the movie “97% owned”97% owned is an upcoming feature documentary from the producers of Generation OS13. Including contributions from Positive Money's Ben Dyson, this documentary will present in a totally new way the monetary reform argument and pull apart the false complexity behind the money creation process. This film is taking 'Debt as Money' to the next level.
The producers are looking for a talented animator to work on 15 short animation features explaining various aspects of the money creation process. Each clip will be 15-30 seconds long and you will have a broad creative input to the process, although the research information will be provided. This is an exciting opportunity to put your stamp on the film and play your part in monetary reform history. If you want to take part please e-mail mike at queuepolitely.com with a link to your showreel or website and he will be in touch.

5)      Upcoming Meetups & EventsSheffield – Mon 17th Oct
Plymouth – Wed 26th Oct
Belfast – Wed 26th Oct
Newcastle – Thu 27th Oct
Canterbury/East Kent – Mon 31st Oct
Glasgow – Tue 1st Nov – Talk by Ben Dyson
Edinburgh – Wed 2nd Nov – Talk by Ben Dyson

London – we plan the next meetup for November – we are looking for a venue for this. If you can recommend us a suitable one, it would be very much appreciated. It should be a venue with the possibility to do a talk and use the projector - for about 60 people - in central location – ideally a separate room in a pub or a venue with a pub (not noisy) very nearby where we could stay for drinks. If you know about something, please reply to: mira at positivemoney.org.uk
If there is nothing happening in your area, you are welcome to organize a meetup.

…apart from our Positive Money meetups, many events are now planned, where you might be interested to attend and participate:
Sat 15th Oct - Occupy London Stock Exchange (Global Day of Action)
Nov 5th – Bank Transfer Day
-this is another Global Day of Action - remove your money from the big banks into more ethical banks on or by this date.
Nov 9th – Students March on the City

6)      Latest from the BlogChild Poverty on the Rise
The World vs Wall Street
Financial Crisis Is Worst the World Has Ever Had
Rethinking Economic Growth

You can help us challenge the power of big banks also by monthly donation (£5 / £10 / £20 or your own choice).
With a lot of effort and a few pounds a month from enough people, we can actually get a banking system that helps society rather than harms it!
THANKS to everyone who is already making a donation - this wouldn’t be possible without you.

Mira Tekelova
Positive Money

View email in your browser | Unsubscribe | Update your profile | Forward to a friend
Copyright (C) 2011 Positive Money All rights reserved.
We're sending this to you because you signed up at www.positivemoney.org.uk or at one of our former sites (eg. Bank of England Act or OneGoodCut)

Positive Money
205 Davina House
137-149 Goswell RoadLondon, - EC1V 7ETAdd us to your address book