[P2P-F] Fw: Capital Institute to Visit Occupy Wall Street

robert searle dharao4 at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Oct 11 10:32:28 CEST 2011

----- Forwarded Message -----
From: John Fullerton <jfullerton at capitalinstitute.org>
To: Robert Searle <dharao4 at yahoo.co.uk>
Sent: Monday, 10 October 2011, 22:15
Subject: Capital Institute to Visit Occupy Wall Street

73 Arch Street, 3rd Floor
Greenwich, CT 06830
United States(203)769-1191

Capital Institute to Visit Occupy Wall Street
The Capital Institute's mission is to provide a collaborative space to explore and effect economic transition to a more just and sustainable way of living on this earth through the transformation of finance."  Our theory of change presumes that a radical transformation of the financial system is the key driver to accomplishing these ambitious goals.  Clearly our sentiments align with those of the occupiers in Liberty Plaza.
Tomorrow, Capital Institute will be visiting the occupation.
Visit our website to hear more.
Gar Alperovitz on Evolutionary Reconstruction
As an alternative to framing the twentieth century battle in terms of "labor versus capital," and in light of our complete political breakdown at the national and global level, we think you will find Gar Alperovitz' ideas of "evolutionary reconstruction" in this month’s issue of Dissent of great interest.  It documents many of the "new economy" initiatives underway in the US and places them in context of decentralized, evolutionary change.  Gar is one of the visionaries behind The Evergreen Cooperatives.
Juliet Schor Describes her Plenitude Model at Kicks off to Demos Event
In her latest book True Wealth (Plenitude in hardcover) Juliet Schor describes the plenitude model, which calls for Americans to work fewer hours and reap the benefits of both  “time wealth” and reduced carbon footprints.  We attended the first event of Demos' new Sustainable Progress Initiative last Thursday, which turned out to be a stimulating exploration of the plenitude model’s potential to free up Americans to explore the dimensions of a more meaningful “livelihood.”  Find out more about the evening here,  read our Braintrust profile of Schor here and check out Econ4.org — a guide to new ways of thinking about economics that Schor is helping to organize.
Jeffrey Hollender’s Essential Corporate Governance Practices For Responsible Business

Jeff Hollender urges shareholders, employees, management and other key stakeholders to consider his ten-step roadmap to better business through sustainable and responsible corporate governance in this months’ CR Magazine.

Join Us on Social Media:

Forward this e-mail: http://www.capitalinstitute.org/index.php?q=civicrm/mailing/forward&reset=1&jid=236&qid=41093&h=845dd44d5782d055
Opt out: http://www.capitalinstitute.org/index.php?q=civicrm/mailing/optout&reset=1&jid=236&qid=41093&h=845dd44d5782d055