[P2P-F] Farewell (was: Re: PM: Doing damage)

Michel Bauwens michel at p2pfoundation.net
Sun Oct 9 15:00:24 CEST 2011

needless to say Stefan, I'm really disappointed by the personal attitude
that shines true in this reply of yours, and the refusal for a normal
conversation with facts, arguments (feelings are also okay, but loading shit
on another person is not okay).

So let me be clear that I'm not responding to you, as I have no desire to
continue this type of exchange, but for the community. Since I could only
discern one cogent counter-argument, here is my reply to that one:

* <in fact all peer production projects *are* self-sustaining. That
is part of their positive feedback cycle. Probably you are talking of
something else.>

Peer production projects can be collectively sustainable by relying on a
continuous stream on voluntary contributions, but they do presently not
sustain their members, who are usually paid by for-profit companies or as
freelancers on a marketplace ... i.e. the commons is not independently
sustainable for its members; this is why I propose that commoners/peer
producers create their own structures for a more autonomous cycle of
reproduction.