[P2P-F] Declaration_of_the_Occupation_of_New_York_City

Natalie Golovin 10natalie at cox.net
Mon Oct 3 05:01:52 CEST 2011

>From what general assembly? Did everyone on the streets have a chance to vote?-Who decided at what point in time a vote should be taken?  Are we talking about the same protests? I donated to Occupy Wall Street and do feel a responsibility, but think the entire uprising would be harmed if it became hijacked by one subgroup-especially so early in the process.

From: Apostolis Xekoukoulotakis
Sent: Sunday, October 02, 2011 12:37 PM
To: P2P Foundation mailing list
Subject: Re: [P2P-F] Declaration_of_the_Occupation_of_New_York_City

This is a document accepted by the general assemply. One is not responsible for what is but what he does to change things . Since, I assume, there is a democratic process in the assemply, it would be more fruitfull to try to participate than condemn it. It would also be usefull to answer what is the responsibility of your group, party in this turn of events. I have seen too many condemning the people for being stupid and ignorant instead of looking for their responsibility. In fact , a libertarian friend of mine had the same attitude toward the greek movement because the libertarian ideas were not accepted.

Just saying...