[P2P-F] Declaration_of_the_Occupation_of_New_York_City

ideasinc at ee.net ideasinc at ee.net
Sun Oct 2 18:47:27 CEST 2011

Natalie,
	Wilhelm Reich wrote an excellent book, that generally is ignored. The
title is the "Mass Psychology of Fascism." it is based upon his direct
experience of the rise of Nazi fascism in Germany and of his direct
contact with Stalinist communists which he also describes as a form of
fascism. Then there are the various degrees of totalitarianism. Both are
very similar by the enforced conformity to authority. "Libertarianism" as
a concept has also been used to provide an acceptable appearance for other
forms of authoritarianism, most notably the siege against small "d"
democracy and the role of governance to protect and preserve the commons
in its many forms. The Libertarian Party in the US has been gathering
point for nominal conservatives who operate to diminish the commons in
multiple contexts. Sticking to the outcomes and objectives as would be
expected in a democratic process does seem like a better way to define and
sustain an open process. Yes, there is a substantial potential problems
when appearance and labels are accepted as either adequate or applicable.
In short you, imo, are quite correct in being suspicious of labeling as
basis for political correctness.

Tadit