[P2P-F] If the ?Tea Party Join Together, We Can End the Malignant Partnership Between Big Government | ZeroHedge

Michel Bauwens michel at p2pfoundation.net
Fri Nov 25 09:30:59 CET 2011

On Thu, Nov 24, 2011 at 9:31 PM, Christian Siefkes <christian at siefkes.net>wrote:

> Hi Michel, all,
>
> Michel Bauwens wrote:
> > can we work with anti-abortion distributists on distributing property, I
> > think so,
>
> Would you work with the Ku Klux Klan if it could help foster your goals?
> Where do you draw the line?

good question, I would draw the line with explicitely 'anti-p2p' forces
such as racism, genderism, etc ..

a question for you: if you are working on a piece of free software, and you
discover your co-developer is KKK, would you stop working with her?

these are by no means easy questions, FLOSS is full of libertarians, whose
values I object to ...

> > can we work with pro-gun rednecks on a social safety net, I think so,
>
> Isn't dismantling the remainders of the social safety net one of the main
> goals of the Tea Party?

yes, and that should be fought tooth and nail; I personally would not ally
myself with any 'groups' that advocate this, but what about individuals,
who have a partial Tea party identity, say Devin and Natalie on our list,
and are 100% pro-freesoftware and pro-ows?

what do you think of nader's alliance with ron paul, around the 3
priorities of ending the war, ending the war on drugs and 3 ??