[P2P-F] must watch on future of internet: who agrees ?

mp mp at aktivix.org
Sun Nov 20 20:01:19 CET 2011

On 20/11/11 17:58, Michel Bauwens wrote:
> I don't think it matters directly .. but it is definitely a silicon valley
> tech investor mentality, intend on re-introducing monetization of
> everything on the internet and he's confident they will succeed ...

.... and the monetization is particularly possible because of the
material aspects of the internet combined with ownership relations,
which is why it is philosophically problematic and politically
disempowering, I think, that the "free culture" movement perpetuates the
"immaterial myth", by contrasting cyberspace to "real space" and on that
basis arguing for exceptions in cyberspace. One step forward and two
steps back.