[P2P-F] Fwd: "NO to ACTA!" Video!

Dante-Gabryell Monson dante.monson at gmail.com
Fri Nov 4 20:15:08 CET 2011

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: La Quadrature du Net <jz at laquadrature.net>
Date: Fri, Nov 4, 2011 at 12:06 PM
Subject: [fcf_discussion] Over 1 Million Views for "NO to ACTA!" Video!
Now, take Action!
To: fcforum_discussion at list.fcforum.net

La Quadrature du Net - For immediate release

Permanent link:
http://www.laquadrature.net/en/over-1-million-views-for-no-to-acta-video-now-take-action

Over 1 Million Views for "NO to ACTA!" Video! Now, take Action!

*** Paris, 04 November 2011 — “NO to ACTA!”, the video published by La
Quadrature du Net last week, has been viewed more than one million times.
It has become the top rated and most viewed this week in Youtube's “News &
Politics” section. Such an impressive welcome illustrates how crucial of a
responsibility lies between the hands of the Members of the European
Parliament with their upcoming vote on ACTA. It is also an encouraging step
towards defeating this dangerous agreement —an effort requiring a broad
mobilization among citizens. ***

With more than 1 million views in less than one week (600k on Youtube and
almost 500k on La Quadrature du Net's mediakit), the “NO to ACTA!” video
became an instant hit: #1 Top Rated, #1 Most Viewed, #2 Top Favorited and
#5 most Discussed this week on Youtube's “News and Politics” section! It
also reached #52 Most Viewed and #87 Top Rated this week for the whole of
Youtube!

“Such impressive figures and honours reveal profound interest from citizens
in protecting their freedoms online against illegitimate and
anti-democratic attacks driven by governments. Members of the European
Parliament cannot ignore the critical impact of ACTA on our lives and on a
Free Internet. We must make them understand that it is their duty to
protect us against ACTA by rejecting it through their upcoming consent
vote", says Jérémie Zimmermann, co-founder and spokesperson of the citizen
advocacy group La Quadrature du Net.

Several procedural steps are ahead [1], before the final consent vote.
Members of the European Parliament have an historical occasion of
ultimately defeating ACTA, sometime in early 2012 [2]. Every citizen is
encouraged to take action and participate to this effort.

“If everyone who watched this video sends a letter or makes a phonecall to
the Members of the European Parliament, we would win against ACTA. But
there are many ways of taking action: informing about ACTA by spreading the
video and analysis, building information material, contacting our elected
representatives, etc. Our imagination and our energy will make the
difference.”, concluded Zimmermann.

*** La Quadrature du Net published a wiki guide "How to Act against ACTA"
that is constantly updated. Citizens can already start contacting the
Members of the EU Parliament “International Trade” (INTA) committee, as
well as other committees (JURI, LIBE, ITRE, DEVE) working on ACTA in the
European Parliament. ***