[P2P-F] n-1.cc instead of ning ?

Franco Iacomella franco at freeknowledge.eu
Thu Nov 3 21:49:24 CET 2011

El 03/11/11 15:26, mrc escribió:
> besides of linking, the openid facility and other stuff i may be
> missing.. i don't see further compatibilities between elgg and mediawiki.

There is a nice Mediawiki plugin for elgg that allows to render page
contents in elgg and display user's page in dashboard and other stuff.

> andhttp://bitbucket.org/rhizomatik/lorea_production  has many addons for
> the elgg distro. (is not a fork)
>
> see alsohttp://lorea.org

Yeap, I am already using some of its addons in a elgg 1.8 implementation.

>> >  We can start planning this for 2012.
> cool, it leaves time for discussing and planning it well.
>
> however, for being a bit more concrete: i'd like the time deadline to be
> for 1-january-2012 than for 1-september-2012.

I think this need more discussion and hands to reach a stage where we
can define a deadline. I think is 2012 thing because of P2PF have other
web priorities now.

> The basic point to clear would be the used domain, whether to use n-1.cc
> and create a group there, or; set up another elgg (or elgg lorea?)
> platform on the p2pf domain, on the free-projects.net, or in the
> amalurccop.org (see here:
> https://n-1.cc/mod/groups/topicposts.php?topic=98864&group_guid=7826  )
> or else. so, what kind of free social networking tool does the p2pf
> wants for now and-or for the future ? .

I think we need more voices here, mainly from Michel, Chris and others
using the actual Ning. I am not familiar with it.

 > but
> if you are asking me for my availabilty for holding some more admin
> passwords for this kind of project, yes i guess i can.

Yeah, something like that. I reffered to your interest and availability
to help to move this forward in case we agree to do it.

Best,

--
Franco Iacomella