[P2P-F] n-1.cc instead of ning ?

mrc eskerda at hacklaviva.net
Thu Nov 3 19:26:59 CET 2011

> It can be a good option. We would need to integrate it with our wiki.

besides of linking, the openid facility and other stuff i may be
missing.. i don't see further compatibilities between elgg and mediawiki.

> Elgg is really a powerfull tool. I am already experimenting this in
> other communities.

and http://bitbucket.org/rhizomatik/lorea_production has many addons for
the elgg distro. (is not a fork)

see also http://lorea.org

> We can start planning this for 2012.

cool, it leaves time for discussing and planning it well.

however, for being a bit more concrete: i'd like the time deadline to be
for 1-january-2012 than for 1-september-2012.

> Would you like to lead the process?

well, i'm a http://n-1.cc enthusiast, i like the p2pf stuff.

The basic point to clear would be the used domain, whether to use n-1.cc
and create a group there, or; set up another elgg (or elgg lorea?)
platform on the p2pf domain, on the free-projects.net, or in the
amalurccop.org (see here:
https://n-1.cc/mod/groups/topicposts.php?topic=98864&group_guid=7826 )
or else. so, what kind of free social networking tool does the p2pf
wants for now and-or for the future ? .

we have time to think about, i just sent you a private message for a
private chat.

<advertisement>
I see the lorea project as a technologies factory (unless for now all of
them are made in php) for a more p2p way doings between the people.
</advertisement>

{careful, mad and undefined mad idea here!}
So if i wasn't at any of both as i am, for me look like 2 sections of
the same thing both with their posible humanware limitations that could
be the biggest conflict to solve if they were to merge.
{/mad idea ended}

<lorea advertisement>
The strategic technic developments are Maintenance(:), data
federativeness across diferent sites-databases(being elgg or drupal),
server side and user encryption options, content internationalization
and geolocating (with OSM) and (my favourite) "Economic" tools like
Caori (currenciism backed by distributed trust)(also useful for
crowdfunding and other posible usages) and Marketplace(a classifieds
style thing with caori, osm, etc integrated).

The project has the typical logic of Download, enjoy, and install it in
our machines if you need.
And it adds the "social":
Tell us (the actual networks) about your initiative and propose some
kind of data and resources federation.

CoDevelopers are also very humble minded in their personal resources
needs and we plan to formalize further some kind of communitary,
temporary or not, living plan for volunteers who'd like to leave their
paid job and come to the real and more productive fun for more with a
similar social security.
(IMO: This last point is why we don't get further, there are too many
hackers hijacked by their job-etc commodities or unsecureness. message:
If you want to better help, come near to an elgg API's geek for a week
or more for coding further. Don't worry about the money, you shouldn't
use that that much and we'll show you how we live it)

</lorea advertisement>

i don't know if i replied to your question of leadering this
development. For me, strickly talking, the one who proposes a better
argumented stand in this thread, should take or is taking the lead. but
if you are asking me for my availabilty for holding some more admin
passwords for this kind of project, yes i guess i can.