[P2P-F] Why Fukushima made me stop worrying and love nuclear power

Samuel Rose samuel.rose at gmail.com
Sun Mar 27 05:12:46 CEST 2011

On Sat, Mar 26, 2011 at 3:08 AM, M. Fioretti <mfioretti at nexaima.net> wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> Please have a look at the article with that title:
> http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2011/mar/21/pro-nuclear-japan-fukushima
>
> I'm not entirely convinced about it myself. However, I think that it
> is very good food for thought, and above all would like to hear the
> opinion of those list members who have had many more occasions than me
> to study the most recent pros and cons of "local energy" about how
> Monbiot deals with it in that piece.
>
> TIA,
>                        Marco
> --
> Online Course for Digital Citizens, because your rights depend on
> how software is used *around* you:  http://mfioretti.com/node/129

In the region that I am located in, http://www.truenorthpower.com/ and
some more than a few other companies have done extensive wind/solar
evaluations for most of Canada and the Northern US, and have deployed
local wind/solar combinations for residential, commercial
refrigeration, manufacturing, and more. The messages coming from the
naysayers in Great Britain just simply is not stacking up against the
reality. I plan to start documenting local wind power just in the city
that I live in alone in the next few months, possibly to be published
on lansingonlinenews.com

This is not even discussing biodigesting, net metering, and other
possibilities.

Sam Rose
Future Forward Institute and Forward Foundation
Tel:+1(517) 639-1552
Cel: +1-(517)-974-6451
skype: samuelrose
email: samuel.rose at gmail.com