[P2P-F] migrating from ning to open source 'federating' platform? (like BuddyPress)

elf Pavlik perpetual-tripper at wwelves.org
Sat Mar 26 15:51:34 CET 2011

Hello,

Recently I try to keep track on open source social networking platforms, with emphasis on those who work on implementing 'federation' protocols. BuddyPress belongs to them and I've just found this plugin which should import ning network, short post about it available here:

http://teleogistic.net/2010/07/import-from-ning-now-imports-ning-content-into-buddypress/comment-page-2/#comment-33152

Example of BuddyPress installation you can see for example at: http://hitchwiki.org/community/

I wonder if anyone from P2P foundation 'IT department' would like to experiment with it? I could also try to research more about current capacity of BP to federate with other networks (and platforms).

=)
elf Pavlik