[P2P-F] From Dictatorship to Democracy

Zbigniew Lukasiak zzbbyy at gmail.com
Wed Mar 16 10:17:58 CET 2011

Hi there,

What I like about that article is the explanatory power: why all these
revolutions now?  because the knowledge how to do them percolated into the
places where it was needed.  In spreading the knowledge the Internet surely
played a role - but I can imagine this knowledge being spread by samizdat as
well ( but probably not by hand copied manuscripts - so much for
technological determinism).

Or maybe I like it because it shows how knowledge is power, but this is
maybe too obvious - just think about nuclear physics.

Cheers,
Zbigniew

On Tue, Mar 15, 2011 at 11:40 AM, Michel Bauwens <michelsub2004 at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi Zbig,
>
> I learned about gene sharp back in my university days (1977-81) in my
> courses on polemology, but never studied his work in detail,
>
> I've read a few similar articles about this linkage,
>
> but it's true, no material so far in our own pages, but this is perhaps we
> are less activist/resistance/uprising oriented and more about constructing a
> counter-economy,
>
> it's the combination of both mass action and constructive alternatives and
> policy reforms, that will ultimately win the day,
>
> otherwise, if they just achieve liberal plutocratic democracy, they will
> have just achieved to be in the same mess as we are in, it beats
> dictatorships, but doesn't solve any fundamental problem apart from that,
>
> Michel
>

> On Tue, Mar 15, 2011 at 4:19 PM, Zbigniew Lukasiak <zzbbyy at gmail.com>wrote:
>

>> http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/story/2011/02/23/f-carol-off-gene-sharp-middle-east.html
>>
>> I don't find anything on Gene Sharp on the p2p foundation web pages - but
>> if what they write is true - this is a major insight into the nature of
>> recent events.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Zbigniew

Zbigniew Lukasiak