[P2P-F] DIY - forking - setting up a government - as legal entity ?

Dante-Gabryell Monson dante.monson at gmail.com
Tue Mar 15 13:44:45 CET 2011

HI All,

I have a question :

if we where to set up our own ( country / region / state ) government,
according to some principles discussed on p2p foundation platforms,
how would we do it ?

In the country I come from, we often joke as we have so many governments on
the same territory :
federal, regional, linguistic, and transnational governments, in addition to
local bodies of governance,
and the financial system of control.

So why not one more ?  A legal entity, with members, who through a mechanism
yet to be determined, builds up "code" for its own governance ?

A new legal entity potentially bringing more clarity to all the other ones ?

Some "open, participatory, panocratic panarchy government" ?

What would you suggest forking such kind of government on ? What code ?
Existing laws ? If so, which ones ?
And which ones would suit a p2p paradigm ?

Would this also require a new constitution ? Would it be in phase with
existing constitutions ?

There are such kind of projects already,
some artistic ( missing reference )
others more serious diaspora attempts, such as regarding the expatriate
tamil's from Sri Lanka :

http://www.tgte-us.org/mission.html