[P2P-F] the last chance for copyright

ChaTo (Carlos Alberto Alejandro CASTILLO Ocaranza) chato at chato.cl
Fri Mar 11 14:48:27 CET 2011

Hi,

With respect to the point that copyright may not survive if not reformed
... a similar thought was expressed by Jessica Litman in "Digital
Copyright" (2001) -- that's right, 10 years ago:

As I have watched the copyright wars intensify, however, it has seemed
to me that consumers' widespread noncompliance offers a very real ray of
hope. I don't expect large crowds of Napster-deprived citizens to rise
up in civil disobedience against a law that they perceive as
unjust--even in the post-Napster world, copyright will not be a hot
issue. Instead, I expect that most people will continue to ignore a law
written in barely comprehensible prose that makes no sense whatsoever
from their point of view. . . People don't obey laws that they don't
believe in. . .If a law is bad enough, even its proponents might be
willing to abandon it in favor of a different law that seems more
legitimate to the people it is intended to command.

All the best,

--
*ChaTo (Carlos Castillo) <http://www.chato.cl/>* 	/Connect: LinkedIn
<http://www.linkedin.com/in/chato> · Facebook