[P2P-F] FW: Blogpost: Applying the ICT Lessons of Revolt to the Institutional Challenges of Reconstruction: They overthrew Hosni Mubarek, Now Can They Overthrow Robert Michels?

Michel Bauwens michelsub2004 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 1 22:30:37 CET 2011

Hi Michael,

I completelely agree with the critique of the reductionist aspects of
network theory, which removes human intentionality from its considerations.

Nevertheless, even from our point of view of human emancipation and how to
get there, seeing that some structures and network topologies are more
likely than others to result in hierarchical solidification, is of paramount
interest.

Seen in this way, network theory insights, divorced from their philosopical
reductionism, can be very useful,

But you are right, people like Martin Luther King or Gandhi didn't ask
themselves, what are all the reasons why we will fail, but how can we
overcome the obstacles,

Michel