[P2P-F] FW: Blogpost: Applying the ICT Lessons of Revolt to the Institutional Challenges of Reconstruction: They overthrew Hosni Mubarek, Now Can They Overthrow Robert Michels?

Pedro Gioya pg at institutodeliderazgo.com
Tue Mar 1 17:57:23 CET 2011

MessageHi MIke
I agree with you in some points. Absolutely agree in the circular and academic arguments of the article (you know, "experts", they must show their wisdom and scope of knowledge) and in the little engaging with your discussion. But I was interested  not so much in the deterministic assumptions but in the idea of being working with theoretical models that maybe could be outdated to explain this world. I mean, Michels, the concept of oligarchies, the idea of hierarchies, the idea tha afer a revolution, the net bevame a oligarchy....
My point is that we, probably, need  another quite different categories to explain the changing world around us in all orders (politics, society, business, literature), but this categories shoud be pragmatics and updated. For example, Do we need traditional structures to keep stability and equilibrium? and what about after a period of turbulence? (traditional political parties, trade unions, periods of 4 years between elections are useful or not?)  or if it´s possible to build this up with the use of ICT´s and p2p categories?, but Which one?
I´strongly agree with the point of selfconsciousness of the arab people. There is a new mental paradigm about  the idea of getting big things together, but alone at the same time. I mean together as citizens, men and women of all religions but at the same time alone with the traditional supporters (Western countries. Just words (not even words in the UE case ) but no real/factual support at all).
On the other hand Mike I Think we need some kind of model to understand the dynamics of p2p development and that drives us again to be part of the model (but not in a deterministic way)
Lot of mess anyway
Best
Pedro