[P2P-F] Fwd: Peak preview: Online Community on Free Technologies (at FTA Campus)

Michel Bauwens michelsub2004 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 26 15:25:54 CEST 2011

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Wouter Tebbens <wouter at freeknowledge.eu>
Date: 2011/6/6
Subject: Peak preview: Online Community on Free Technologies (at FTA Campus)

Dear Franco,

I ninged this, can you also announce on regular blog, post-dated july 5 or
after?

Michel

Dear friends and colleagues,

maybe you've heard it already: we have been working to set up an online
community about Free Technology. A community portal hosted by the Free
Technology Academy, completely based on Free Software and integrated in its
online campus. It's an informal social networking space where people can
participate in (and create) groups to learn, discuss and work together about
Free Technology.

Some examples of activities that you could find there (but don't feel
limited by this short list!):
* discuss and share knowledge about Free Software, Standards, Hardware,
Data, Networks, ...
* share knowledge about Free Software Policymaking
* discuss about the FTA study programme, campus and help it make better
* participate in the definition of a common curriculum about Free
Technologies
* propose complementary courses
* get in touch with likeminded people from all over the world, from many
different backgrounds

Come and have a look!

1) register a free campus account: http://campus.ftacademy.org/
2) go to the /community/ frontpage and login: http://campus.ftacademy.org/**
community/ <http://campus.ftacademy.org/community/>
3) set up your profile, portfolio, include your rss feeds, microblogging
services, follow your friends or contacts and check out the various tools.

And there's an introductory guide: http://campus.ftacademy.org/**
wiki/index.php/Community_**Portal:_Introductory_guide<http://campus.ftacademy.org/wiki/index.php/Community_Portal:_Introductory_guide>

I hope you like it and see you around!

best,