[P2P-F] spanish social network ..

elf Pavlik perpetual-tripper at wwelves.org
Fri Jun 24 14:23:32 CEST 2011

Hola ;)

I had pleasure to meet most of the core developers working on Lorea projects and it's most developed implementation based on elgg platform. You can find my account on n-1.cc here: https://n-1.cc/pg/profile/elf.pavlik

I would encourage everyone to give it a shot. Personally I would like to help besides other features with data portability, that hopefully soon one can move ones account (later maybe even group) from n-1 to any other seed. What I really like about this project that people don't focus on social networking trivials but work on serious community collaboration tools. I see some parallels between people from lorea and riseup folks. I've already made some attempts to invite crabgrass developers (from riseup) to try work on integration with lorea-elgg. For more generic initiative please take a look at 'Federated Social Web': http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/federatedsocialweb/wiki/Main_Page we just had FSW Summit in Berlin few weeks ago. I could write more on my take on FSW and possibly invite some of my friends from Lorea to write an article about their project. For now I could recommend a video titled "A Federated Social Web for Peace" by Markus Sabadello (who's other video I've posted here a while ago):
http://vimeo.com/23564585

Oh, when I have proposed a while ago moving P2P Foundation ning group to an Open Source platform with federation features under development, i also have considered using lorea-elgg, but eventually particular platform itself will not matter as long as it implements common federation protocols. So social networks running on elgg, drupal, buddypress, crabgrass, etc. may all interoperate creating very smooth experience for a person participating in all those networks!

I hope we will give this topic some attention =)
elf Pavlik

http://wwelves.org/perpetual-tripper
http://moneyless-world.info

Excerpts from Michel Bauwens's message of Fri Jun 24 12:23:39 +0200 2011: