[P2P-F] self-regulating markets

Thomas Greco thg at mindspring.com
Wed Jun 22 07:23:14 CEST 2011

Dear Apostolis,

Below are the links to my websites, and the title of my latest book.

Clearing circles have been operating successfully for many years. It is
an old idea.
Now, the challenge is to optimize the procedures and protocols and take
it to scale, then network local exchanges together to provide an means
of payment that is locally controlled but globally useful.

A debit balance in a credit clearing exchange can be looked at as a
loan. It is a draft upon a line of credit that is extended by the
collective membership. In a clearing system some accounts must be
allowed to be negative. The total of negative balances (or positive
balances) can be looked at as the supply of internal currency.

Savings and investment, or *finance *is a separate function from
*exchange*.
Yes, they are related, but require different mechanisms.

Thomas

Thomas H. Greco, Jr.
thg at mindspring.com
Mobile phone (USA): 520-820-0575
Beyond Money: http://beyondmoney.net
Tom's News and Views: http://tomazgreco.wordpress.com
Archive Website: http://www.Reinventingmoney.com
Photo gallery: http://picasaweb.google.com/tomazhg
Skype/Twitter name: tomazgreco
My latest book, "The End of Money and the Future of Civilization"
can be ordered from Chelsea Green Publishing, Amazon.com, or your local bookshop.