[P2P-F] The Revolution Business - the staged "Arab Spring"

Michel Bauwens michelsub2004 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 13 01:45:51 CEST 2011

hi Mark

here's an example of why such theories are eminently reductionist ...

I could easily say that because your inaugural session was done in the
building of EnlighteNext that it was a front for Andrew Cohen and engineered
by them, but that wouldn't be true ...

SImilarly, because the US has a democracy discourse, some organisations that
fund democracy training, that doesn't mean that the Arab people, and the
youth that risked their lives, have no agency ...  It was a complex process
with multiple causes, including to the very end actually opposition from the
American government to the change ...

I attented to Mekong ICT training camps in video activism and such here in
thailand, funded by western liberal foundations, but attented by local
activists, most of them 'progressives' .. does that makes them tool of the
German state .. not at all, they look for what they can get, given the lack
of resources in that area here ... One has to be mindful of such 'gifts' of
course, but that doesn't mean there is a linear influence of such funding
and whatever would happen in the country,

Michel