[P2P-F] Fwd: Sign on letter out, next steps for across the spectrum anti-war effort

Kevin Carson free.market.anticapitalist at gmail.com
Wed Jul 6 19:37:39 CEST 2011

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Kevin Zeese <kbzeese at gmail.com>
Date: Wed, Jul 6, 2011 at 12:17 PM
Subject: Sign on letter out, next steps for across the spectrum anti-war effort
To: Kevin Zeese <kbzeese at gmail.com>

Thank you for signing on to the letter to Obama and Congress calling
for an end to U.S. militarism.  We sent the letter out yesterday
through our own media networks and through PR Newswire.  The latter
provides a report that shows 110 media outlets published the press
release. We also sent the release out to press contacts and Fitzgibbon
Media also sent it out.

Today, we are beginning the process of spreading the word through the
grassroots.  We hope you will help with that as for this to be
effective it needs to be more than a letter.  It needs to become a
movement.  We need to get people educated, organized and mobilized to
advocate to an end to U.S. militarism and empire.

Please share this link,
http://comehomeamerica.wordpress.com/dear-president-obama, with your
lists, friends and allies and urge them to join us.  They can sign up
from that page.  We are challenging a deeply embedded military
industrial complex, perhaps the largest and most powerful empire in
world history.  It is going to take educating, organizing and
mobilizing all Americans who oppose U.S. militarism to mount an
effective challenge.

Recent actions in Congress show a right-left anti-war effort can be
successful.  The House has already voted against the Libyan War.  The
Senate could not muster majority support for the Libyan War, so the
leadership did not allow a vote.  In both these cases, it is the right
and left coming against the leadership of both parties.  This shows
the potential of our movement to impact Congress in ways that we have
not seen since before World War II.

I had an article about the letter published in antiwar.com,
FireDogLake.com, OpEdNews, WarIsACrime.org and other outlets today,
see http://original.antiwar.com/kevin-zeese/2011/07/05/is-a-broader-peace-movement-finally-here/.
 Justin Raimondo also had an article published on antiwar.com that
linked neocon Max Boot's ramblings with our effort to create a
broad-based anti-war movement,
http://original.antiwar.com/justin/2011/07/05/against-nation-building/.
 Last night, Adam Kokesh, an Iraq War vet who signed the letter had me
on his RT America television show to discuss the letter, see
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uI93-uczpw4&feature=player_embedded.
And, I just finished an interview with Scott Horton on
http://antiwar.com/radio/.  Please feel free to forward these links or
republish them (I can send you a word document of my article with the
HTML links included if you want to republish it).

Whenever you promote this effort, always link to the letter so people
can sign up and get involved,
http://comehomeamerica.wordpress.com/dear-president-obama,

I also hope you will take action to promote this on your own.  We
would love for you to write about this new across-the-spectrum
movement for any publications ro websites that you can write for. Each
of you bring a different perspective to this effort and your view will
each resonate with different people.  We need more than your
signature, we need your voices.  If you send us a link we will
republish it on Come Home America's website as well.

Finally, we have a small group that meets weekly by conference call to
plan next steps for Come Home America.  If you are interested in
getting involved at that level please let me know.  We are also
starting a town hall forum series around the country.  If you want to
help organize a forum in your community contact me about that as well.

Thank you for signing on to the letter.  It is a great first step
toward a movement that can represent all Americans who oppose war and
actually prevent future wars, as well as end current ones.

Sincerely,

Kevin Zeese

--
Kevin Carson
Mutualist Blog:  Free Market Anti-Capitalism