[P2P-F] Fwd: New answer to "Are social networks the new platforms for social activism?"

olivier auber olivierauber2 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 18 17:19:11 CET 2011

In fact the so called "social networks" are "social silos".

Using the marketing name is just confusing the map and the territory. And
almost everybody does it!

We should fight on the semantic battlefield by using a term like "social
silo" just like Stallmann says "privative software".
But in this case, that is NOT to say that "social silos" are BAD, just that
they are silos and have their own legitimacy. Other rules may exist....

Here is an english translation of a very short french paper about this
confusion and its consequences.

http://is.gd/URiWqO

Olivier

2011/1/18 Michel Bauwens <michelsub2004 at gmail.com>