[P2P-F] global consciousness and global governance material

Michel Bauwens michelsub2004 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 16 06:48:36 CET 2011

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Michel Bauwens <michelsub2004 at gmail.com>
Date: Sun, Jan 16, 2011 at 12:47 PM
Subject: Re: help:)
To: dante.monson at gmail.com
Cc: Hajnalka Szarvas <hajnalkaszarvas at gmail.com>, Charles van der Haegen <
charlesvdh at pvac.skynet.be>, Trey Darley <trey at treyka.net>

Dear Hajnalka,

There are really many strands in this, and I advice you to join Quora, a q
and a community that answers questions like this,

- have a look at http://p2pfoundation.net/Category:Intelligence, for the
collective intelligence approach, with people like Georrge Por, Noubel, etc

- the cosmopolitanism approach with people like (Edith) Kaldor (see
http://delicious.com/mbauwens/Cosmopolitanism)

- the integral approach, i.e.. takes on the evolution of consciousness, like
Ken Wilber's Integral Psychology, with all the mappings of authors on the
evolution of consciousness

- the 'new left' approaches, both the Negri/Hardt Empire vs Multitudes, and
the neo-Tardean approaches such as Maurizio Lazzarato

- the global commons approaches with James Quilligan and others

- recentering global society towards civil society and global action
networks (marvin brown and others)

- my own approach towards global open design communities and phyles (david
de ugarte)

That's those I'm familiar with ...

I personally would use the metagovernance framing of bob jessop,
http://p2pfoundation.net/Metagovernance, to organize all these strands
together, and/or some form of WIlber AQAL quadrants

My own material on Global Governance will be included in
http://p2pfoundation.net/Category:Governance and
http://p2pfoundation.net/Category:Policy

Tell us more on what you already have, and on your own approach, and put a
wiki for your research, (you can use the p2p-f wiki for that, that would
motivate me to help you more, as it would benefit the whole community)

Michel

>From the policy page:

   - Key concepts
[2]<http://p2pfoundation.net/Toward_a_New_Multilateralism_of_the_Global_Commons>for
a Global
   Common Wealth <http://p2pfoundation.net/Global_Common_Wealth>:

Introduction by James Quilligan: Beyond State Capitalism: The Commons
Economy in our Lifetimes<http://p2pfoundation.net/Beyond_State_Capitalism:_The_Commons_Economy_in_our_Lifetimes>.
[3] <http://www.onthecommons.org/beyond-state-capitalism>

   1. Establishing Global Common
Goods<http://p2pfoundation.net/Global_Common_Goods>and a Commons
   Reserve Currency <http://p2pfoundation.net/Commons_Reserve_Currency>
   2. The Co-Governance <http://p2pfoundation.net/Co-Governance> and
   Co-Production <http://p2pfoundation.net/Co-Production> of the
Commons<http://p2pfoundation.net/Commons>through Commons
   Trusts <http://p2pfoundation.net/Commons_Trusts> on the basis of Social
   Charters <http://p2pfoundation.net/Social_Charters>
   3. Replacing the scarcity-engineering of neoliberal markets by the
   abundance engineering of the commons, see the Abundance -
Typology<http://p2pfoundation.net/Abundance_-_Typology>and the Wealth
   Typology <http://p2pfoundation.net/Wealth_Typology>

Global Commons and Participatory International Systems

   1. Global Commons and Common
Sense<http://p2pfoundation.net/Global_Commons_and_Common_Sense>.
   Jorge Buzaglo. real-world economics review, issue no. 51
[12]<http://www.paecon.net/PAEReview/issue51/Buzaglo51.pdf> :
   policy proposals for a global governance of planetary commons
   2. Four Principles and Corollaries of Network Society and the New
   International
Governance<http://p2pfoundation.net/Four_Principles_and_Corollaries_of_Network_Society_and_the_New_International_Governance>.
   By by Alexander Schellong, Philipp Mueller.
[13]<http://hir.harvard.edu/index.php?page=article&id=1926&p=1>
   3. Hilary Cottam on Participatory Global Governance
Systems<http://p2pfoundation.net/Participatory_Global_Governance_Systems>:
   Winter 2010 (Vol.XXXI. No 4) edition of the Harvard International Review.
   [14]<http://www.thefreelibrary.com/Participatory+systems:+moving+beyond+20th+century...-a0219900487>
   4. Philipp Mueller <http://www.philippmueller.de/> on Planetary Public
   Policy‎ <http://p2pfoundation.net/Planetary_Public_Policy> and Open
   Statecraft <http://p2pfoundation.net/Open_Statecraft>
   5. Steve Waddell <http://p2pfoundation.net/Steve_Waddell> on Global
   Action Networks <http://p2pfoundation.net/Global_Action_Networks>
   6. Developing the Meta Services for the Eco-Social
Economy<http://p2pfoundation.net/Developing_the_Meta_Services_for_the_Eco-Social_Economy>:
   on developing a framework for an eco-social economy - includings its
   arrangements to manage natural commons. Text proposed by Feasta, Ireland. By
   Brian Davey with the assistance of John Jopling.

 [edit<http://p2pfoundation.net/Category:Policy?title=Category:Policy&action=edit&section=6>
] Alex Evans

   1. Shooting the