[P2P-F] Fwd: Chris Carlsson also commented on his link.

Michel Bauwens michelsub2004 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 11 03:10:30 CET 2011

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Facebook <notification+pjiidwm at facebookmail.com<notification%2Bpjiidwm at facebookmail.com>

Date: Tue, Jan 11, 2011 at 4:30 AM
Subject: Chris Carlsson also commented on his link.
To: Michel Bauwens <michelsub2004 at gmail.com>

Chris Carlsson also commented on his link.

Chris wrote:
"Hi Michel,
thanks very much for your thoughtful comments. I completely agree, of
course, that the key point of working-class recomposition was left out of my
post. I did it on purpose, but with the knowledge that the bleakness of the
decomposition story needs its antidote. I think you filled it in in less
than 24 hours!

An additional point might be that the old 19th and 20th century forms of
protest are themselves increasingly obsolete in the face of the Spectacle,
of the most modern organization of capitalist life. The networks of
Nowtopians, while real and vital and a place I put a lot of hope too, have
not yet found (perhaps for not trying, not sure) a public political voice
that presents the new way of life in opposition to the maintenance of the
status quo–a status quo that is so patently brutal and stupid, that it is
hard to believe anyone still defends it!

Anyway, many thanks for your rejoinder. I don’t know if the protests and
movements in Europe, South America, and east Asia are harbingers of a real
transformation, or historically familiar political expressions that will be
subsumed by the dominant logic of markets and money, as so many of the prior
movements and revolts have been. Clearly we all have to ponder how to shape
together a real global alternative to the barbarism that is still “winning,”
and I would love to see mass revolts in Europe or South America point the
way to an ecologically sane, materially sound, psychologically rich life for
everyone… Here’s to a new year and a new decade, full of hope and
possibility at least as much as it is spiraling into a very dark place!"
To see the comment thread, follow the link below:
http://www.facebook.com/n/?chris.carlsson1%2Fposts%2F185106044850922&mid=395779fG1f7c632bGd7ff147G13&bcode=JbpJ1&n_m=michelsub2004%40gmail.com

Thanks,
The Facebook Team

___

This message was intended for michelsub2004 at gmail.com. If you do not wish to
receive this type of email from Facebook in the future, please follow the
link below to unsubscribe.
http://www.facebook.com/o.php?k=c05bf5&u=528245547&mid=395779fG1f7c632bGd7ff147G13
Facebook, Inc. P.O. Box 10005, Palo Alto, CA 94303