[P2P-F] Fwd: <Coalition> Social Bookmarking & Connectivism

Michel Bauwens michelsub2004 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 10 14:33:41 CET 2011

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Dante-Gabryell Monson <dante.monson at gmail.com>
Date: Sun, Jan 9, 2011 at 8:03 PM
Subject: Fwd: <Coalition> Social Bookmarking & Connectivism
To: Michel Bauwens <michelsub2004 at gmail.com>

Forwarded conversation
Subject: <Coalition> Social Bookmarking & Connectivism
------------------------

From: *Darren Hill* <mail at vegburner.co.uk>
Date: Fri, Jan 7, 2011 at 3:04 AM

After a long search and great confusion over which one of many tools I would
start to use and encourage others to do I started to use Faviki (because of
its tie in to Wikipedia / Dbpedia) easy to export my delicious bookmarks
(although it will take a few days for them to appear there)
http://www.faviki.com/person/Darren

Really I was looking for something where bookmarks could be rated and
discussed (with a smaller groups focus rather than with the whole
bookmarking tool user base) but couldn't find anything that appeared to be
suitable.

Today I found http://www.diigo.com/profile/dazinism which looked like it
would be good for the job.  You can highlight text, leave stickynotes on the
page, discuss the page.  Looking good.

To illustrate the concept with a recent pertinent Huffingtonpost article -

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/stephen-downes/connectivism-and-connecti_b_804653.html

and (if it works for you, as I guess it may not if you are not registered on
Diigo?) viewed through Diigo

http://www.diigo.com/bookmark/http%3A%2F%2Fwww.huffingtonpost.com%2Fstephen-downes%2Fconnectivism-and-connecti_b_804653.html?tab=comment

All was looking good....
... and then I found

http://www.pearltrees.com/

...now I'm confused again..... but I think I'm going to concentrate on using
Diigo for now.

Anyone else got any thoughts on this?

--
Coalition of the Willing ------------------

"BetterMeans" is where we coordinate our work: making proposals, endorsing &
signing up for work, and tracking tasks.
https://secure.bettermeans.com/projects/163
You are subscribed to coalition at googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe send email to
coalition+unsubscribe at googlegroups.com<coalition%2Bunsubscribe at googlegroups.com>