[P2p-foundation] [Commoning] [p2p-research] Information sector: a qualitative different mode of production?

Samuel Rose samuel.rose at gmail.com
Wed Jan 5 02:55:10 CET 2011

On Tue, Jan 4, 2011 at 2:26 AM, Michel Bauwens <michelsub2004 at gmail.com> wrote:
> this is important Sam, could you perhaps write something about this landbank
> opportunity?
>
> Michel

Michel,

I'll definitely write about the abstract concept. The opportunity is
something that I am personally cultivating and want to be careful
about to help genuinely good outcomes. I want currently to avoid lots
of hype around this as the State of Michigan is currently crawling
with sleazy land speculators who are posing as "economic developers",
because property values are now so incredibly low here. These people
are simply buying up the land, pressuring residents to leave, and
sitting on it and waiting for hoped-for better times.

In the coming 2-3 years, I am serious about creating various forms of
co-operatives that can combine land contract purchasing of property
with other co-production (food, energy, production, etc). I have some
research on this for the specific area I am located in, and will
publish it all as I am able to (including to P2P wiki). I think that
multiple for-profit businesses can serve these co-operatives. The
co-operatives in turn can re-invest in other co-operatives and
community efforts. http://www.eastendfood.coop/ is a real-world
example of this.

email: samuel.rose at gmail.com
http://forwardfound.org