[P2p-foundation] Fwd: [p2p-research] [Commoning] Information sector: a qualitative different mode of production?

Kevin Carson free.market.anticapitalist at gmail.com
Wed Jan 5 02:45:11 CET 2011

Forwarded from the old list.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: fran ilich <ilich at sabotage.tv>
Date: Tue, Jan 4, 2011 at 7:29 PM
Subject: Re: [p2p-research] [Commoning] Information sector: a
qualitative different mode of production?
To: Miguel Said Vieira <miguelsvieira at gmail.com>
Cc: p2p research network <p2presearch at listcultures.org>,
commoning at lists.wissensallmende.de

Going over what Miguel Said says:  i jwanted to point out to an
example in north america: the work of the EZLN Zapatistas. not only
they have commonalized farming and agriculture, but also government
with their juntas del buen gobierno.  and they even do international
trade with collectives from the so called west (which funny enough
happens to be towards the east since 518 years ago)....  i don't see
them pushing the issue of ownership or even caring about it either...
actually legally they don't even own the land where they live, but
obviously they are descendents of persons who have been there much
longer than those who came with colón and cortez to reactivate the
economy in their kingdom.

also they are part of an oral (and alive) culture where intellectual
property licenses (including creative commons) don't make much sense
and haven't had much echo...  so there you go, we have one example...
strong and autonomous and economically sustainable.

best.

f.