[P2P-F] (no subject)

Dr.Ghassan care at palnet.com
Sat Feb 26 13:06:08 CET 2011

Dear Officials and Colleagues
The Global Civil Society

I am writing on behalf of the Centre for Applied Research in Education ( www.care-palestine.com ) . We have become aware of  your efforts  and feel there could be great benefit from a collaboration between us.

CARE has been working with local communities in the Occupied Palestinian Territory since 1989. We believe in reducing violence, achieving stability and building sustainable peace though educational means, and are committed to building relationships and partnerships with appropriate leaders and organisations. We strive towards democratising Palestinian education through participatory approach, minimising effects of violence and adopting dialogue as a way of life.

We have recognised an imperative need for training workshops for children, university students, teachers and head-teachers, to enhance knowledge and understanding in order to combat the negative effects of on-going conflict through non-violent conflict resolution, psychological treatment and educational programs.

We place great emphasis on increasing our participant’s role within their communities.  CARE takes care to promote public awareness, encourage participation in political and community leadership and to build networks amongst communities.

We would like to suggest that You and the Global Civil Society to become involved in our projects. There is scope for close cooperation on possible ventures and exciting new programs.

The situation in the OPT requires urgent attention and we hope that, with your help , we can look to expand our services and develop our programs in order to offer the most effective services and to reach those most in need.

We look forward to hearing from you and remains ,

Yours in peace ,

Dr.Ghassan Abdallah

Director of CARE