[P2P-F] Hi Michel - setting up peer production investment scheme in Norway

Dante-Gabryell Monson dante.monson at gmail.com
Tue Feb 22 12:37:32 CET 2011

Hi All ( bcc: Bernard Lietaer , Chris Cook , Karthik )

while looking forward to some of your further suggestions on the p2p list
(  http://lists.ourproject.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/p2p-foundation )

some additional 5 cents notes -
in relation to alternative finance, energy, norway's sovereign fund, and a
potential research centre / investment scheme.

I find a interesting synergy possible with other neighbors, such as, in this
example,
with iceland.

See Smari's <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sm%C3%A1ri_McCarthy>
interview of Bernard
Lietaer <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bernard_Lietaer> :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQBHRiTpJxY

Such interview underlines a very interesting potential on what I see as long
term investments in icelandic energy infrastructure - hydroelectric, but
also mostly geothermal energy - distribution of energy through submarine
cables, or through storage in the form of hydrogen - potentially fueling a
hydrogen economy in Scandinavia and across the world ?

Although such approach would still be centralized, and not lead to a fully
p2p approach,
I hope it could prevent the collapse of complex societies dependent on high
energy consumption.

Using energy as a currency is also a interesting prospect set forward by
some people we may know or be in touch with, such as Chris Cook,
who proposed to directly trade with oil / energy guaranteed currencies
http://www.theoildrum.com/node/5269

also see : http://p2pfoundation.net/Chris_Cook

Possibly we could imagine currencies in kWh, including for hydrogen storage
of geothermal energy.

I also like recent developments in Iceland in which Smari is involved in or
co-initiates,
leading to interesting legal frameworks potentially offered by the region
for becoming a communication and journalistic global hub.

see : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Icelandic_Modern_Media_Initiative

<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Icelandic_Modern_Media_Initiative>Just my 5
cents :)