[P2P-F] [Fw: soros and egypt]

Michel Bauwens michelsub2004 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 19 06:55:43 CET 2011

Hi Roberto,

Soros has his own Open Society agenda, partly aligned with U.S. diplomacy,
but also quite independent of it, he has his own philosophy and agenda for
liberal democracy, and these NGO's have played a big role in the colour
revolutions, but that does not mean these NGO's were 'directed' by Soros in
some secret plot, nor by the U.S. state dept, and that they didn't have
their own reasons for happening

The article is typical conspiracy thinking, identify one ally of the
movement, and claim that this one movement is pulling all the strings, and
that would be itself then be enough to sever support with the Egyptian
democrats .

The uprising was the fact of many different players, from the far right to
the far left ... Soros NGO's probably had a partial role in that as well,
that's all ... Judge the event on its own, integral, merits, not on any
supposed linkage with one actor and its own agenda ...

This being said, a liberal plutocratic democracy, if it can be kept to these
limits, would potentially fit in an American agenda, since it would
ultimately be good for business and more stable than dictators lacking
legitimacy,

but that it is compatible with U.S.  interests does  not mean it's not a
step forward for the people ... of course, I would argue that from a p2p
point of view, it is only a first and very
partial step ...

Michel

Commons Strategies Group, http://www.commonsstrategies.org/