[P2P-F] Debt, Human Rights and Nature

Kevin Carson free.market.anticapitalist at gmail.com
Thu Feb 17 21:43:23 CET 2011

On Thu, Feb 17, 2011 at 2:32 PM, Patrick Anderson <agnucius at gmail.com> wrote:

> Why do most all citizens choose to quibble over the theatre of
> politics and the minutea of ineffective bandages while this
> massive issue is left untouched?

Because the range of "mainstream," permissible alternatives in any
political system is defined in terms of what can be carried out while
preserving essentially the same structure of power, by the people who
are currently running things.

> How is it that our education systems leave this fundamental
> misdesign out of the curriculum?

Because the main function of the educational system is to reproduce
the kinds of human resources who are necessary to keep the present
system, with its existing structure of power, going.  That means
taking the system, its goals and values, for granted. It definitely
does not aim at inculcating an ability to critically examine the
fundamental premises of the system.

--
Kevin Carson
Mutualist Blog:  Free Market Anti-Capitalism