[P2P-F] what kind of state

Mark J dreamingforward at gmail.com
Tue Feb 15 02:32:43 CET 2011

On Mon, Feb 14, 2011 at 3:17 AM, Michel Bauwens <michelsub2004 at gmail.com> wrote:
> "We need a people-state, operating at different scales -- global,
> continental, national, territorial -- and allowing community
> self-organization for survival and cultural flowering."
> However, I am very interested in your elaboration of the state.

If I may suggest.  That the idea of the nation-state is now already an
anachronism, an archaic left-over of the Old Economy which is fading.
A time when expansion and control of resources was key.  But in the
global, inter-connected age, it doesn't make any sense and its
presence is like a thorn waiting to be dislodged -- blocking more
efficient flows of goods, services, and information.  Even the
currency model need re-evaluated.  Imagine this:  gold coins of
standardized weights issued from every country depicting their
cultural contribution to humanity, freely circulating across the
globe.  Wouldn't that be a world changer?

P2P currency, but at the level of countries.

marcos