[P2P-F] Fwd: [Commoning] The Communism of Zeitgeist: Science or Science Fiction?

robin robokow at gmail.com
Thu Feb 3 13:56:36 CET 2011

Great! A marxist approach to Zeitgeist. It could go a lot deeper but
it isn't that bad.

It is missing critique on the conspiracy theories that the first 2
movies have spread, its use of bad-taste propaganda techniques in all
movies and, possibly connected, an analysis on how this has spread in
the first place - but it is 1 of the first coherent articles I have
read

*One* of the reasons why I think it gained so much ground is the cheap
and poorly researched focus on banks and debt-creation as an
explanation for our suffering; the same hollow rhetorics as nazism but
different in terms of where fingers are pointing to. Another is that
young people have always been bored with the system and because of the
vacuum of good critique they are happy there is someome telling them
we can escape.

For some more about this check this:
* http://www.conspiracyscience.com/articles/zeitgeist-addendum/part-one/page/8/
* http://webskeptic.wikidot.com/zeitgiest-addendum

And also the article misses critique on the state-centered approach of
Zeitgeist/ Venus but what else can you expect from a Maxist?

I take it that people on this list know that Marxism doesn't care so
much about the means. It is the end that matters? Funny enough the
article is arguing the same thing:

"The new  Zeitgeist-movie propagates a communism in its best sense,
and without even mentioning Marx – be it because of tactical reasons,
be it because of a kind of narrow-mindedness (*which does not hurt as
long as the message stays clear*)."

Put it on the blog I would say if you want something that analyses
Zeitgeist/ Venus. I don't think I have the time and energy at the
moment to do something that I can be satisfied with, and I am sure
others will pick it up soon, since the third movie will be getting
even more popular.

Robin.