[P2P-F] 3 days to go ... important announcement on bauwens participation in mailing list and p2p curation

Denis Postle d.postle at btinternet.com
Fri Dec 30 10:44:03 CET 2011

Michel, I note that you are not disappearing but stepping back. I want
to thank you for your patience here that seemed, but evidently hasn't
been, inexhaustible, it has given me a unique and essential source of
nourishment for my P2P activity.
Thanks and best wishes for the new enterprises.
Denis

On 28/12/2011 12:11, Michel Bauwens wrote:
> Dear friends,
>
> an important announcement, in 3 days, I will provisionally retire from
> the p2p-f mailing list.
>
> Material conditions make it impossible for me to continue 'curation as
> usual', as well as efforts in broader community building and dialogue.
> From January to April, I will be working intensively on a very
> demanding privately-funded research project, then I have a late spring
> lecture tour, and will likely spend 6 weeks in brazil, mid-may to the
> end of June.
>
> Curation will be sharply curtailed but I will continue tagging as a
> normal activity, undertaken for the research project. Depending on
> available time, I will continue, on a much lighter regime, Facebook
> and Scoop.it. Twitter will continue to alert new blog and wiki items,
> as an automatic feature.
>
> The blog will continue and I have devised a system with Franco, see
> http://p2pfoundation.net/P2P_Blog_Planning_Resources, but I will at
> most be able to spend half a day a week on it, so input from the
> community will be essential. I will aim for one personal editorial a week.
>
> Feel free to suggest items for the following permanent rubrics:
>
> (bear in mind we may not be able to publish as intensely as the plan
> below suggests)
>
> Published on alternative days
>
>  1. P2P Blog Movement of the Day
>     <http://p2pfoundation.net/P2P_Blog_Movement_of_the_Day>?
>  2. P2P Blog Person of the Day
>     <http://p2pfoundation.net/P2P_Blog_Person_of_the_Day>??
>
>  1. P2P Blog Essay of the Day
>     <http://p2pfoundation.net/P2P_Blog_Essay_of_the_Day>
>  2. P2P Blog Book of the Day
>     <http://p2pfoundation.net/P2P_Blog_Book_of_the_Day>
>

> Published every day:
>
>  1. P2P Blog Video of the Day??
>     <http://p2pfoundation.net/P2P_Blog_Video_of_the_Day>
>  2. P2P Blog News of the Day
>     <http://p2pfoundation.net/P2P_Blog_News_of_the_Day>
>
> Important,*I will not read the mailing list for at least 4 months
> starting January 1, so if you want me to see something, it's important
> to cc.*

The Mind Gymnasium FREE ebook Library <http://www.mind-gymnasium.com/>
A unique digital resource for Personal and Professional development